Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Getting to know me, getting to know all about me

This will serve as a larger explanation of my intentions on the interwebs.

I currently live in the great state of Arkansas. I am from Oklahoma so there should be a heavy hint of sarcasm when I say that Arkansas is great. I am taking a semester off from college right now. There is something about wasting money that just doesn’t quite sit right with me. I live with my boyfriend and I am trying to stock my womanly arsenal.
I am the 3 day old owner of a sewing machine. I love to paint on stuff. I like to cook from scratch, and I am somewhat of a music snob. Not in the hipster, “I listen to obscure bands you’ve never heard of” way, in the “I spent 3 and a half semester s as a music major and I can sing your face off” kind of way.  That’s really the only thing I am snobby about. I’m not snobby about Jesus; I am friends with Jesus, but not in the whole friends with benefits thing like a lot of people. I do nice things, I love people, and I try to be a positive influence. I like to believe that God is love, so if your god and my god look the same, and we both love, then were the same.
Even though I’m owning this whole “music snob” persona, I’m not performing anywhere. That’s a lot harder to say than you might imagine. I will get back on the choir train eventually, for now I am just entertaining dreams of learning how to play guitar and doing awesome acoustic covers of bar staples. My line up would look something like this:
1.       Total Eclipse of the Heart (Dan Band Style)
2.       Bennie and the Jets
3.       Blinded by the Light
4.       You Shook Me All Night Long
5.       Night Moves
6.       Only the Good Die Young                                                                                                                                                          
I like to think that would go over well, with the bar goers of Arkansas.
          When I grow up, I want to be the coolest, most bad ass, stay at home mom there ever was. I want to be that Mom, who makes the moms of the other toddlers stare, and then right when they pass judgment on me and my ruffian kids.  My kid will be the one giving a hug to the girl that just got pushed off the swing by one of the other bitch kids. Yeah, who’s the bad mom now? Letting you kids watch TV instead of teaching them how to pretend how to fly in outer space, stupid woman. That is all beside the point though. I am not with child. I have not reached the point in my life where I get to be barefoot and pregnant. I have years of mastering the arts of sewing and cooking and not sleeping. And Drinking, yeah, mostly drinking.
                Now, for my intentions here. These words that I write are not here to enlighten, or persuade. I am here only to share things I want to share, things that I am proud of, or things I need to get off my chest. With that being said, just know that when you get addicted to the sugary sweet, awesome I am infecting you with. There might be a recipe in here. There might be a pattern I found that I am totally stoked about. There might be instructions on how to sculpt your pubic hair into a handle bar moustache. Ok, that last one will probably never ever be on my blog. You’re welcome for that; this is not that kind of blog.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment