Friday, July 27, 2012

I'll set this town on fire


I need to quit writing “lyrics” so late at night. My mind gets all one tracked. Its bloody awful.

How many times have you wanted something just because you weren’t allowed to? I am insanely curious. I have an overactive imagination. I could list names, for discretionary reasons I won’t. But they are ****, ***f, *y**, r***, *o*, **l**. Oh dear lord, that was far more ridiculous of a thought process than I thought it would be.  I had to put in a letter so I wouldn’t get confused. Then I got sad, then I decided to stop making that list.
I was making that mostly to justify shit I shouldn’t need to explain. Oh well. More words….



You would’ve thought I’d know better,
Seems this happens all the time.
Like the changing of the weather
Wouldn’t want you if you were mine.

Hands I shouldn’t hold.
Lips I shouldn’t kiss.
Laughter's never old.
Never mine to miss.

What leads the smoke to fire.
The tension pulling tighter
You’ll always love a fighter.

Want what you’ll never have
Look deeper for that meaning.
Always try to make you laugh
Only love you when I’m screaming.

Don’t think I can do it better
Know I’ll never have the chance.
Wait it out like stormy weather
I love this fucking dance.

What leads the smoke to fire.
The tension pulling tighter
You’ll always love a fighter.

1 comment: