Saturday, July 21, 2012

So I'm trying this new thing here...


So, if you remember I had a blog post a while back that mentioned something about a band. (sad hipster post about identity and procrastination) Well the mother fuckers flaked. So I pouted, got drunk and cried over all of the past wonderful, beautiful musical moments I’ve had, BLAH, BLAH, FUCKING BLAH…

I’ve had the whole “write lyrics if you want to sing” conversation with a few people. I don’t really do that… remember the bit about me and identity and being a musician? Yeah, still an uncomfortable word in my mouth... anyway... balls out. Please give feed back as lyrics are not my forte. Please don’t judge me if it sucks. I really just pulled this out of my ass..


Dream girls don’t exist.
Wipe her make up from your lips
All she wanted was your kiss
You will never call her “mine”

Look for love in crowed bars.
Stumble drunken through the cars
What she wants is who you are
More fickle now than ever

Roll me up in arms of cotton
Your past lovers are forgotten
Wanting only to be whole,
Never asking for any more
Roll me up in arms of cotton

Then her prince will take her home
Love’s so lovely, wonderful
Touch so tender, she’s alone
Pick your clothes up off the floor

Roll me up in arms of cotton
How to love? its all forgotten
Wanting only you to hold
Never asking for any more
Roll me up in arms of cotton



I got about that far and then I realized what was happening and started thinking too much.. so I stopped. I have a feeling lyrics are going to be like crafts with me. If I don’t do it all at once, I will never finish it.


4 comments:

  1. You should've kept going if you had more in mind. Even so, there's plenty to work with there, good potential. I feel like you could do even better if you spent a good deal of time on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leah, this is really great start. I love the desperation that runs through it, especially in the last few lines. The imagary of "arms of cotton" is terrific. So far, it feels like the song is really building up to something and I want to see where it goes :-)

    (Didn't know I had a blogger account too did you!?!?
    Anywho, I can start posting comments on here also... not sure which you prefer.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep a notebook and write whatever come to you whenever it comes to you and you'll find the right ending! I enjoyed. I got teary but enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete