Saturday, September 17, 2011

Let them eat cake.

I am ready to be in a place where I am not constantly worrying about getting lost. It’s not that I am bad with directions. I just don’t know where anything is in this state. I am ready to be back in a place where everything looks familiar.
I am glad I am moving into an area that is unknown, yet surrounded by familiar. The only part of Bixby I am familiar with is Memorial. Yea, I know this town is wider than one road.
I am excited about living with someone who not only embraces my weirdness, but actually gives me a run for my money.
I am glad I will be living in a city I am not afraid of, and that I can experience this lack of fear as a twenty something.
I am sad that I haven’t taken very good care of my friends in this area. I went to high school with some of these people, and they totally get that innate sense of “build me a fire, throw me a beer” when things start to smell like fall. Hopefully they are as accepting of my presence as I want them to be. Most of them understand the need to run, fast and hard, from the small town you came from. Now, I don’t think I will ever be that friend that goes out and shoots stuff, but I will be the friend that goes with you to pee behind a tree.
I am happy that I don’t know many people in Tulsa, other than the people I grew up with. All the potential to explore. But none of the dangers of losing myself. I have roots here, I don’t have any trees though, and I like that.
I am happy that I will be close to my family.
I am terrified that I will be so close to my family.
I am embracing this change. I am ready for new, I am ready for exciting, and I am ready for crazy.
I am ready to be able to go to a high school football game if I want to. I am ready to kidnap my little sisters, because I can. I am ready to live in a house where I can paint the walls in my room. I am ready to cook in a new kitchen. I am ready to meet new people. I am so ready to just live for while.
I am excited about being so close to Ada.  I can’t even explain how much a two hour drive is better than a five hour drive. I mean I can do there and back in one day if I wanted to. I can be in Act II productions. I can be a safe place for my dear friends that need to escape for a night. I can have my cake and eat it too. And that is a really nice feeling. Things are going right for me now. And I am letting the world know that I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment