Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Queso Chicken Enchiladas

Holy shit, I've been inspired.


I made awesome enchiladas, and I am here to share the glory with you. 


You will need:
(ingredients)
one (1) block of Velveta cheese product (or just 12 ounces, because that is all you use)
5 chicken breasts
2 cans of Rotel or other tomato and chile canned product (I used one original and one mild)
1 can cream of chicken soup
9 tortillas (I know they don't come in packages of 9, but I can only fit 9 enchiladas in my pan)
1 can of red enchilada sauce
Ground cumin
Garlic salt
Cheese
Salsa


(Supplies)
9x11 baking dish
Microwave safe mixing bowl
Sturdy mixing spoon




Ok, first things first, make your chicken be not toxic. You can grill it, bake it, or boil it. I boiled mine because I think its easier to shred that way.


Take your velveta, I ended up using a good third of the block. According to the measurements on the side that is 12 oz. Cut your velveta into small cubes, and put the cubes in the mixing bowl


Shred your chicken into the mixing bowl.


Drain your rotel, not all the way, but you don't want all the watery stuff. And add to the pile in the mixing bowl.


Pour the whole can of cream of chicken into the mixing bowl.


Season healthily with the ground cumin and the garlic salt.


Stir until its pretty well mixed.
Put the whole bowl in the microwave for a minute.
Stir.
Microwave for a minute.
Stir.
If the velveta isn't mostly melted, do another minute. I just didn't want to bite into straight cheese product when these were finished.




Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce in your pan, and I mean thin, just enough to spread around the bottom so the enchiladas don't stick.


Preheat your oven to 325.


Spoon out a heaping dollop of the chicken-y goodness onto a tortilla and roll up. Place the folded side on the bottom so it doesn't roll open. Repeat until you run out of the insides.


Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce on top of the enchiladas.


Add a shit ton of cheese.


I poured some salsa on top of mine for aesthetic purposes.


Bake for about 15 minutes or until everything its all bubbly and melty and delicious.


It is important that you let them set for about 3 minutes, so the cheese and everything sets up. Otherwise they are super hard to get out, and then you have deformed enchiladas.


Serve with chips, and rice, and beans, if you desire.


                        I only have the camera on my phone. I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment